Sunday 15 March 2015

A New YouTube Video

Yesterday, I uploaded a new video to YouTube. Called "What is Schizophrenia? Lesser Known Facts" it kind of goes against everything I said when shutting down my old blog and restarting this one. Yes, I know I've tried to walk away from my diagnosis and focus on my future but I keep on coming back to it.

In my previous blog post I wrote about how I'd been asked to feature in a short film about schizophrenia, which is probably what led me to thinking about my diagnosis and ultimately, creating this new YouTube video. While I'm on the point of that film, I've been told that the filming has been pushed back until "the end of summer." I know nothing more than that but if I hear anything new about it, I'll try and let those who are interested in the film know.

Anyway, back to the new video, I wouldn't recommend that anyone who is still battling schizophrenia watch it. The video is rather negative until about 3 minutes and 9 seconds in. This video is more for people who just want to know a bit about schizophrenia, rather than those who are battling it or have a loved one with the diagnosis. There are also possible triggers in the video, as it almost immediately discusses suicide. So if this is a triggering topic for you, don't watch the video.

With all that said, if you *do* want to watch the video, you can find it here. If you want to know my sources for any of the statements, send me an email (address is at the top of the page) but I can't guarantee that the sources I used will still be active even now. And if I do send you an active link, you visit the website at your own risk! I am not responsible for any websites that contain viruses or upsetting content. Just getting that out there.

As usual, if you have any questions or want advice, send me an email, but please don't email me asking me to promote or review anything. I only promote/review things that I've read, heard or watched, in case something contains upsetting content or content that I don't agree with. I find it difficult watching/reading something on request, rather than watching/reading something that I've found myself and want to view. On my old blog, requests for promotions and reviews got a bit excessive and in the end, I put out a warning and deleted all of those emails without response. And I find myself still doing that on this blog, even though there are nowhere near as many requests. So be warned, if you email me asking me to promote or review, you could find your email gets deleted straight away without response. I'm not trying to be nasty, I just find it stressful being asked to view potentially triggering content. I need to keep myself well.

But questions or advice, feel free to email. I will do my best to respond as quickly as I can. These sorts of emails are why I make some of my email addresses public. I can't guarantee I'll have the right answer or guidance, but I'll do my best.

Take care and God bless,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.